Follow me on Twitter

Saturday 3 May 2008

Cherish - Charity Fundraiser.

Cherish and Miss Kitty Lit-teur - a fun night!
Last Thursday night I was invited to attend a charity bash at the Slug and Lettuce in Durham. The night was billed as 'Cherish'. All proceeds went to the Butterwick Hospice to help them to look after terminally ill children. I gladly donated a signed copy of my novel Beautiful Strangers to their fund raising efforts.

Luckily I was able to attend, so Sat Nav (Gloria) and I set off up the A1 to County Durham.

Well, I have to tell you something unbelievable...Sat Nav failed me that night! I know you won't believe me, but it's true! I wouldn't care, but I lived in County Durham for years, yet couldn't find my way to The Slug and Lettuce in the city centre. lol!!!

Happily we were rescued from going round and round the roundabouts!
How??????..... I can hear you all shouting!

Well, my niece Amy was on hand because she'd decided to join us and share our night out. A quick distress call to her and she guided us in. All I can say is thank goodness for mobile phones, & Sat Nav - you're sacked! Ouch!

All of the staff at the Slug and Lettuce are courteous and friendly - without exception.
Hazel (deputy manager) who invited me, and Abigail (Manager) were charming, and ensured we were enjoying our evening.

The cabaret and hostess for the evening was billed as Miss Kitty Lit-teur, one of the North East's top Drag Queens. We were in for a treat.......and a helluva surprise!

Why? Well let me tell you. Miss Kitty is one of our long lost friends. Of course there was no chance to catch up properly, it was a brief hello and on with the show.

The show was spectacular! The costumes absolutely fabulous, and the audience participation went down a storm.

Of course I was dancing as usual. Only this time I had a terrific toy boy to dance with. Kenneth - what an absolute charmer you are........
and just like your Dad - a terrific mover ;-)

It was great to see Rolly, another special old friend. Catch up soon Rolly, eh?

Now if you want to see Miss Kitty then visit her website for dates and venues. I do believe she is coming back to Durham in a month's time at the Slug and Lettuce. Check out the websites.

http://www.slugandlettuce.co.uk/durham


I'm sorry I don't have any pics to show you. I forgot my camera :-(

Well done to the organizers for a great evening, and for raising £400.

No comments: