Follow me on Twitter

Monday 13 April 2009

It's Official - I'm Losing The Plot!

I wanted to blog about this last week, but I couldn't, or I would have blown a nice surprise.

I have a lot of cousins!

One of them, Jackie, telephoned with an invitation to her sister Pauline's surprise birthday party. Very nice, I hear you say. We thought so too. I arranged to collect my sister on the way there and we duly arrived at the venue in Frosterley in Weardale.

Nothing wrong with that, is there? Except the place was almost empty. Where were all the friends and relatives?

So, we asked the landlady where everyone was, only to be told . . . we'd got the wrong week - we were a week early!
How embarrassing is that? It was my sister and I who got the surprise, not Pauline.
But all was not lost...we met up with Pauline anyway and enjoyed 'gate-crashing' a 40th birthday party! I think our mistake has been the best kept secret in Weardale over the past week, lol! Hence the blog title - It's official...I'm losing the plot!

So, last Saturday night (the right night) Sat Nav and I drove back up north to Frosterley for The Surprise Birthday Party. Of course, all eyes were on me as we walked through the door.
'You've got the right night then,' said the landlord, grinning widely.

The party was absolutely fantastic, and Pauline enjoyed every minute. There was karaoke. My friend Anita and I belted out a few songs. I'm not sure whether I saw people putting earplugs in, or not!
The DJ played great music, and a good night was had by all. As ever, Sat Nav was handy with her camera.

Happy Birthday Pauline :-)



Anita and Ellen singing!



Ellen and Alison (Pauline's sister) dancing!



Ellen, Pauline (birthday girl) and her sister Jackie.



My sister Judith, Jackie, Pauline and Ellen at the gate crashed party.

No comments: