Follow me on Twitter

Monday 23 April 2012

Child Reach International Charity Event

On Saturday 21st April 2012 Amy (my lovely niece) and I went along to my mountaineering nephew Joseph's Charity Event at Crook Town Cricket Club.

This was a very important event. Joseph intends to climb to the Mount Everest Base Camp. Not something for the faint-hearted I can tell you! Joe is studying maths (such a clever boy) at Sheffield University and this is a university led event but he has to raise £3000 before he can attempt the climb this August. He's climbing in support of Child Reach International. 

We had a great night and terrific support. Joe's event raised £319.00.  Well done to my sister Judith who helped him to organize the event x


Bryn Haswell
Olly Hopper
Two very talented singers lending their support for the charity. The magnificent Bryn Haswell from Newcastle and the fabulous Olly Hopper from Hunwick.










A huge thank you to Sharon Mclean a radio presenter with Venture Radio and to her family who travelled up from Burton-on-Trent.

We had the most amazing disco from Anita Atkinson with her Durham Dales Radio Roadshow. And the children had a lovely time dancing and playing pass the parcel. There was a quiz (my team didn't win) and a raffle.

At the moment the total amount raised by Joe for this fundraiser is £945.80. If you would like to support Joseph he has a My Donate site.

Dancing to The Macarena
Pass the parcel










Sharon Mclean (with her raffle prize)
and Ellen 
YMCA
   












Bryn Haswell and Ellen Dean Timewarping

2 comments:

Joseph Addison said...

Hi, its Joe here, just like to mention after my fundraising during Easter my total is upto nearly £1600. Super effort

Ellen Dean said...

That's amazing. Well done :-) x